Wednesday, June 6

La Di Da Di

Las Vegas. The city of sin, you never come out the way you went in.

I'm staying at Station 5 tonight and am excited to have a pillow to sleep on, I'm running about 50% pillow/no pillow in the firehouses, i can pretty much sleep anywhere with or without normal bedding now.

I started my day at 0545 and headed NW to beat the heat. After getting out of the Valley of the Sun the temp was very mild. I kept under the radar today and saw a ton of Joshua Trees. Very cool, apparantly they only grow in NW AZ, that's the word on the street, and you just can't beat the word on the street.

I THEN GOT AN AWESOME VOICEMAIL FROM CHIEF SCOTT ANDING. MADISON MARIE ANDING WAS BORN LAST NIGHT AT 10:30. MOM IS DOING OK AND SO IS MADISON, AT 12 POUNDS. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO SEE LITTLE ANDING. GREAT NEWS, JUST GREAT.

I went over the Hoover Dam today and that was pretty cool. I was amazed at all of the powerlines coming from that bad boy.

I got a good work out today and the guys fed me a great lunch. I just got a call from Bruce and I'm meeting him later on for a bite to eat. That's about it. I'm still really amazed at what great weather I've had on this trip, I got rained on in Wichita and that's it. Giddy up.

I'll post some pics in a minute.

I'll be visiting the Lions' Burn Center here in Vegas tomorrow and can't wait to see it. It is really new.

A little John Donne to finish the post, Broken Hearted:

He is stark mad, whoever says, That he hath been in love an hour,Yet not that love so soon decays, But that it can ten in less space devour ;Who will believe me, if I swearThat I have had the plague a year? Who would not laugh at me, if I should say I saw a flash of powder burn a day?Ah, what a trifle is a heart, If once into love's hands it come !All other griefs allow a part To other griefs, and ask themselves but some ;They come to us, but us love draws ;He swallows us and never chaws ; By him, as by chain'd shot, whole ranks do die ; He is the tyrant pike, our hearts the fry.If 'twere not so, what did become Of my heart when I first saw thee?I brought a heart into the room, But from the room I carried none with me.If it had gone to thee, I knowMine would have taught thine heart to show More pity unto me ; but Love, alas ! At one first blow did shiver it as glass.Yet nothing can to nothing fall, Nor any place be empty quite ;Therefore I think my breast hath all Those pieces still, though they be not unite ;And now, as broken glasses showA hundred lesser faces, so My rags of heart can like, wish, and adore, But after one such love, can love no more.

No comments: