Saturday, April 28

10 Days!

Hello all. I finished my last full on "training ride" yesterday feeling strong as ever. I averaged 24mph on the straights and scaled up hills w/o a problem. I'll be doing light rides this week to stay loose and keep out of the red zone. I sometimes wonder if I'll spend more time eating or biking on this ride.lol

As we draw closer to the start of this ride, I feel like we have already brought a tight community of amazing individuals closer together on this brief journey of life. Emily Dickinson said life is made up of a series of "nows." This fundraiser has taught me to focus on the nows more often, the most important people in our journey are the ones here with us right now.

Who/what deserves our attention most right now? There are many burn survivors who need support right now, there are many people who will become burn survivors later this year. The Phoenix Society fills an important space in our world in in the lives of our fellow brothers and sisters on our little planet. Healthcare systems are amazing in what they can do but there are still some imperfections, as there will always be with any large system. Correcting these imperfections is where the Phoenix Society is needed and is valued. We are not futile in our work, we are promoting change in a world that yields most difficultly to change.

Please show your support for us, every penny is a ray of hope to a burn survivor, and every kind word is spiritual nourishment.

"Imagine there's no Heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man Imagine all the people Sharing all the world You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one." - John Lennon

Have a great "NOW."

-Mike

No comments: