Monday, April 23

FDIC

I don't know where to start, so I'll just begin at the beginning.

The FDIC was fantastic. Bobby Halton and Fire Engineering put on an amazing FDIC this year with great exhibitors and keynote speakers. I found Bobby's "Semper Vigilante" speech inspiring as a firefighter and Phoenix Society advocate.

The people at Provident Insurance were awesome and I thank them for letting me and the "Zoo Crew" (Amy and Marvin) hang out with them. I can't wait to hang with them again when they hook up with me on PA's Rt. 6 in 3 weeks. Thank you Provident! http://www.providentbenefits.com/

Thank you Ron Siarnicki of the National Fallen Fire Fighters http://www.firehero.org/ for inviting us to his dinner on Thurs. night. A class act - what else can I say?

It was great to make so many contacts with FF's around the country who want to join in our efforts in raising burn survivor awareness, I thank all of you who stopped by the booth and those who donated to this great cause.

A big thanks to FDNY Ladder 27 Lt. Mike Wilbur for letting me crash in his room on Wed.

As I walked through the halls of the FDIC in my biking outfit (very different from everyone else's garb at the conference) I was looked at and stared at by many attendeees. Understandably because I was holding a bicycle and wearing spandex shorts. If I may be so bold to say: maybe this is a glimpse into what burn survivors endure everyday? However, I felt a special peace in being different from the masses.

Mike

2 Weeks to go!

No comments: