Friday, May 11

MIKE UPDATE: He is still in Hartford, CT with a broken bike and injured leg

We just talked to Mike.

His bike has a broken front bike derailer (the part of the bike that switches the gears). Mike also told us that his leg got hurt from Branford to Hartford due to (in his words), "hitting the hills to hard".

He just picked up the part and expects to start toward Bloomingburg, NY as soon as he installs everything. His leg swelling is down - so he expects we will be ready to go in the morning.

When we hear more - we will give you all an update.

THE SCHEDULE IS NOW 2 DAYS DELAYED. WE WILL UPDATE THE SCHEDULE ACCORDINGLY ONCE MIKE STARTS IN THE AM.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Glad it was not the other way around: "injured bike and broken leg"!? I love u, Son. Stay stong. I am in NY; call if I can help in any way. Mom xo

mike manning said...

Thanks! Very good point. I ALMOST bought some Ben-Gay, I'm just not ready to do that yet:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!

I'm biking cross country too! Currently in Orange, CT. I ended up eating at the Apollo Pizza place in Webster, MA 2 days ago. Heard you were there also.

About the leg - be careful. I did a test run for my trip (160 miles) a month and a half ago - my left knee was very swollen for 2 weeks. It's better now, but only after I trained more often. (side note: I have about 75 pounds of gear, so that probably makes our rides a little different). Still, take care and good luck. I'll be following along.

You can check out my blog too - I've linked to your site to help out with the donations.

All the best,
Ray

mike manning said...

Hey Ray. Apollo Pizza was great. I'll check out your blog.

Good luck my man,

Mike

mike manning said...

Hey Ray. Apollo Pizza was great. I'll check out your blog.

Good luck my man,

Mike