Tuesday, May 22

Martinsville, IN

Great to be back on the path today. Had great weather while riding out to Riley Burn Center for Children with Dave and Jeff. We got to give out some toys and hopefully lightened the hearts of the awesome kids we met today. Nurses Kathy and Kim lead a great burn center in Indy and the work they do is amazing. It takes a special person to work in a burn unit.

My good friend Chuck Welch, Ret. Chief of Bloomingburg, IN brought me to the local Shriners Club and made some new friends who support what we're doing. Chuck rocks!

Martinsville FD's local union presented me with a $100 check today for the Phoenix Society! Thank you very much and I'm glad to see that you guys keep your bunkroom at a steamy 45 degrees. There's something to be said for having a cold glass of milk next to your bunk any time you want it.

Thanks for dinner Chief Fraker, you've got a great FD here.

I'm off to Springfield, IL tomorrow on Chief Anding's Harley which topped out today at 126mph, just kidding Chief. Goodnight and God Bless.

Mike

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike,

It was great to see you today and know that the ride is still going on!!! Just keep October open for the Hilly Hundred (bicycle) I will keep you posted. Bring the wife and both kids. Also--- will keep my ears open as to what our union here in Bloomington will be doing and will let you know. Again-- great seeing you today and be safe young man!! You have a wonderful wife to let you be gone and to hold down the home front. Later my friend!!!