Wednesday, May 30

Trinidad, mucho gusto

Yesterday was fun. I made it through eastern CO, crazy unpopulated. Hwy 160 in eastern CO is where you can run flat out for miles and not see anyone, surreal.

Made it to Trinidad around 10:30 AM and got a great pizza at a local cafe. I then went after some coffee and a huge cinnamon roll at a Main St. bakery, it was awesome. I have realized that I need a lot of food. I have lost 7 pounds since I began this journey, I think it's because I don't have food readily available every 2 hours. I'm trying to keep more food on hand.

I worked out at the FD and took a cruise out to Trinidad lake where I took a picture of the mountain top mesa in the pics. It is very dry out here and my lungs feel like cardboard. I'm drinking copious amounts of h20 just to stay hydrated. Trinidad is an old mining town on the Santa Fe Trail, Billy the Kid and some other famous people of the era have been here. A classy local girl recommended I try the local micro-brew for dinner and it was awesome. They had a dark Lager that was delicious and after dinner I went out for some dessert that was spectacular.

I drove up here to Denver this AM and met with a Dr. at the children's burn hospital here. Chief Paddy Hynes hooked me up at Station 21 by the park and the crew just made a great chicken and pasta dinner - thanks! I'm riding Engine 21 tonight and hope it's QUIET.

Since FOX NEWS cancelled, I'm getting a new tire put on the Harley in the AM and then meeting with some burn patients at U of C Denver Burn hospital. I'm then meeting with a bunch of burn survivors for dinner and hopefully taking in some live Jazz.

I hope everyone out there is having a great "now", I know I am.

Quote of the day:
“A pain stabbed my heart as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world” - Jack Kerouac

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So Mike are you loosing weight because it takes so much energy for you to hang on to that BIG BIKE going FAST!!! Make sure you take lots of pictures of our Friends in CO!!! Tell Erin and the gang hello form the Society!

mike manning said...

Erin and Melisa say "hey" and explained how the PS does so much good for survivors and their families. Keep up the good work Amy "Action" Acton!